Friday, April 18, 2014

I Did Good. I Did Good.

It's time to refill my prescriptions, I was nervous as hell as to how much that was going to cost us. Called Walgreens, it was going to be $109! I can't afford that. I overwhelmed myself by doing a ton of research online for prescription help to keep the cost low. (It's amazing how the pharmaceutical industry, and it is an industry, tries to screw everyone over! (Cash price: $300 something; Discount price: $12. How is that even possible?) So, I bit the bullet and got in the car (huge step for me and a huge amount of anxiety as well), and drove over to Safeway (it's just down the road for me, there are cheaper places, but they are too far from my home for me to feel comfortable going to on my own). After giving all my information to have my prescriptions transferred, I was told that the cost would be closer to $50 based on their contracts with certain pharmaceuticals.

I was told it would take about 2 hours to happen. I drove home with tears in my eyes and reminded myself multiple times that I did good. I did good. I found a way to help save my family money.

And then I got to replace a circuit board all on my own and it worked! :D (I've never done something like that befores, closest I've come to it was building a PC.) So I'm proud of myself and yet I'm still filled with anxiety.



Repeat after me, "I did good. I did good."

Did I also mention that 2 load of laundry are almost done and the dishes are washed?

No comments:

Post a Comment