Tuesday, April 1, 2014

I suffer from Bipolar II, a mental illness with no real cure.

I have an illness. I have a mental illness. I suffer from Bipolar II. I suffer from social anxiety. When I go out in public it is a huge ordeal. 

I am in the midst of finding the right medication for me that will help make my symptoms easier to cope with. 

I will always suffer from Bipolar II. Please don't tell me to get over myself. Please realize that I am doing the best I can at this time. With time I have I hope that it will get better, but it will always be a challenge. 

I am seeking help. I am seeking alternatives to therapy. 

I am doing the best I can and hope that with each new day I will do better. 

Some days I win, some I lose. And sometimes the winning won't be noticed by anyone other than by my partners.

I suffer from an illness that cannot be cured, it can only be managed with the right medication, coping skills and therapy. It's like cancer, only there is no cure, simply ways to manage it to make life manageable for me.

Baby steps. Forever baby steps.



No comments:

Post a Comment