Tuesday, April 1, 2014

I feel like I'm a pharmacy with my medications.

I am currently on 2mg of Clonazepam twice a day for my social anxiety.

I awake in the morning and take 200mg of Lamotrigine (it's an upper), I also take 50mg of Seroquel (it makes me sleepy).

At 3pm I take another 50mg of Seroquel. The sucky part? I start to feel more awake around 2pm, which means I only get an hour before I take a pill that makes me sleepy.

12 hours before I want to wake up I take 200mg of Seroquel. It knocks me on my ass in less than an hour if I'm not active. If I'm active, I have about 2-4 hours before I find it difficult to stay awake, depending on how active I am.

When I sleep, I sleep hard and right around 12 hours after I've taken the pill I do wake up. I typically take it at 9pm and wake at 9am.

Bipolar II messes with my memory. If I don't write it down, if I don't put it in my calendar right away, I will forget. Keeping track of what meds and when I take them is a challenge. Without my organizer and alarms on my phone, I'd be lost.

I've been good. I haven't missed a day. I am told it is working. I am told that people can see a change, the few people I see in my life at this time. I'm also told that it'll take months for the sleepiness to not be so bad. Coffee has become my saving grace. I'm sure I drink more than any doctor would recommend, but if I don't drink it, I'd be in bed more than I should be. 

Speaking of bed, I struggle every day, all day, not to curl  up in it's safe blankets and pillows and just stay there for ever. 

Medication does not make Bipolar II go away. Medication just manages it to the point that I can somewhat function in the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment