Friday, April 18, 2014

A Good Day?

I'm forcing myself out of bed today. Really tired of staying there all day just to stay warm. I know it hasn't helped my depression any.

The furnace is broken (part on the way) and I hate the cold. Here in Colorado Winter is still fighting with Spring. Today the high is supposed to be 70 and sunny. So I've opened the downstairs windows in hopes that the warmth will come in and rise upstairs. I'm still layered in clothes and a warm blankets is in my lap, but I'm out of bed, drinking coffee and it's lifting my spirits.

This is hard. This high I feel right now. I want to keep it. I'm trying to refocus my thoughts. I was cleaning up the kitchen, rinsing dishes, loading the dishwasher and found myself getting frustrated that a good number of dishes hadn't been rinsed (I now realize some of them were mine.) and this has always pissed me off. Then I refocused that energy. I've always wanted to be a homemaker. This is what I want to do. So I moved forward, letting the sun coming through the window over the kitchen sink fill me with warmth and joy. Organizing the dishwasher to it's max capacity and then rinsing the leftover dishes that wouldn't fit. This made me feel good. My partner comes home every evening and makes dinner. I feel good knowing that he can do so in a clean kitchen. (I also started a load of laundry.)

I have my good moments and my not so good moments. I just don't want this blog to be filled with all the negative I feel. I want people to know that even with my mental issues I do have good moments.

No comments:

Post a Comment