Thursday, April 10, 2014

Nervous phone calls. Coping skills.

I finally got a call from my employer, at least someone from the main office in regards to my short term disability ending.

It was a stressful phone call. Much more stressful than it should have been. I am a geek; therefore, after a few tears I turned on Star Trek TNG and starting working on another afghan. TNG sooths me (once TNG is over I will move on to DS9 and then Voyager) and the crocheting keeps me productive (I hope to sell them as they are completed.)


 


The Anxiety has subsided. I long to sleep, to rest a while after dealing with that phone call. But it's another day and another moment in time. It is a shame that such phone calls cause such reactions in me. I start to tear up on the phone and then once it is over and the phone is disconnected I cry like a baby.

I question my every movement and every thought.

I've made another loaf of bread today, this time unseasoned. I hope it turns out well and we can use this recipe on a more regular bases instead of buying manufactured bread. This too makes me feel good when providing for my family.

I meet with my therapist once again tomorrow. She has been on vacation for 2 weeks. Long-term disability is awaiting her notes in regards to my case. I am hoping that this is just part of their standard procedure and that a decision has practically decided, as I was informed yesterday how much I would be receiving each month and that it would be for a 24 month period.


No comments:

Post a Comment