Monday, April 21, 2014

Interesting developments. What should/shouldn't a therapist tell their clients?

I still haven't heard about disability. I do know that they are still investigating my claim, as my therapist made it clear that she had spent about $12 in faxing them things and was on the phone with them about 6 times in the past week.

I believe it was her way of making me feel guilty for complaining about how it's difficult for my family to pay the $16 I give her each week to sit and gossip about my previous week. I was officially marked as unemployed as of the 11th of April. My partner and I are at a serious crossroads in our life and I started to complain about my worries and fears. I fought with her for the first time (and quite possibly the last, I am uncertain how she has managed to remain a therapist as long as she has, given that she cannot handle a foul word coming from my mouth, nor can she handle it when I get upset).

It is wrong and out of place to make one in an emotional state that I am in to feel guilty for her doing her job. I know that she normally charges $100 per visit. I don't know how many clients she has, nor do I know many pay her full price, it's not my business to know. But I found her behaviour highly inappropriate. These last two weeks have been pure hell for me, and when I go to seek help from my therapist, some form of comfort or reassurance that x may be the cause of y and this is how I can face these issues, I'm made to feel bad and she throws her hands in the air as though I'm a lost cause. (Has she never had a patient in her 20+ years of work behave has I had that day?)

I have one more visit with her through the program I'm in. I am uncertain if I'll use it. I meet with my psychiatrist this Thursday, through the same program. I'm going to find the strength to find out what I can do to find a new therapist and if there is anything they can do to help me in the mental health department, as this Thursday is supposed to be my last visit with my psychiatrist.

For now it's a hurry up and wait situation.

No comments:

Post a Comment